Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY Kitty Emoticon T-Shirt

I have been playing around with t-shirt paint lately and it's been a lot of fun! It is an inexpensive way to personalize a shirt for anyone. I am still trying to find the perfect fabric paint. so, if anyone has any recommendations please do share! I made a kitty emoticon t-shirt recently and here is the design for it for anyone who is interested: Kitty Emoticon T-Shirt Design.

The directions are pretty simple.

To get crisper edges you probably want to print your design on contact paper or anything that is adhesive but can also be removed easily from the fabric. I just did my printouts on regular paper. It will work fine if you are careful and not in a rush like me! For the painting process, just follow the instructions on the back of the container. This can be different from brand to brand and by time.

The first one I did was a gift for someone who is working on an iPhone game. I made a t-shirt with their logo design on it as a little encouragement. I think it turned out OK!

Below are a couple process pictures.

1) Cut out your design VERY carefully with an X-Acto knife.
2) Postion it on your t-shirt.
3) Apply paint per instructions.



Now, I need to buy more t-shirts so I can paint away.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am headed to Nashville tomorrow morning. Pictures to come...

Pin It Now!